Thursday, June 7, 2012

Utah Trip

This past week, my Uncle Geral(my dad's brother) passed away. So, Aaron and I made the trip to Provo, UT for the funeral.
The day I was wanting to leave, I took my car in to have an oil change and they told me that my power steering was leaking fluid and that I needed to have that fixed before I went on my trip. I was so upset, which really, it doesn't take much for me to get upset and start crying. So, Chris came home from work and took the car into the repair shop for me and they found the problem plus another problem that needed to be fixed, of course. So, almost $1000 later, the car was ready for our trip, but I decided to wait until the next morning to leave.
The trip down was very pleasant. There wasn't any crying, screaming, or complaining. Aaron is a great traveler, unlike his little sister! Chris was nice enough to say that he would stay home with Sophia and Eli all weekend.
We first stopped in Salt Lake to have lunch with 2 of my friends. One, I haven't seen in about 10 years! It was fun to catch up and see them.

Here we are:
Amy, Me, and Candy with baby Kylie

We then drove down to Provo to my cousins house where we were staying. Aaron made instant friends with Max and Jonas, my cousin's boys. They had a great time playing together the whole weekend.
Aaron and Max(I didn't get a good picture with Jonas)

The next day was the viewing. Aaron did great at the viewing, he found some friends and played nicely with them and even wanted to see my Uncle in his casket.
My parents got permission to leave their mission for a couple of days to attend the funeral. It was great to see them again. Although they are on a mission for our Church, it kind of felt like a regulare visit from from because it has only be about 3 months since the left for their mission.
Four of us siblings were able to make it for the funeral. It was good to see 2 of my brothers again and 1 of my sisters.
The funeral was very nice. I learned a lot about my Uncle that I didn't know. I just wish I had taken more time to get to know him better when I was living in Provo going to college.






A little bit before the funeral started, I took Aaron to get a slurpee at 7/11 where I used to get slurpee's at when I was at college. He thought that was great! He wanted to know what flavors I liked and he was amazed that you could even mix flavors!
I am glad that we were able to make the trip and very grateful to Chris for staying home with the 2 younger kids. Aaron had a blast on the trip and is ready to back to Utah! :)

0 comments: