Saturday, August 7, 2010

North Idaho Trip Part 1

On Monday, the kids and I drove 8 hours up to North Idaho for a 2 week vacation! (Chris wasn't with us because he is camping in Yellowstone with the boy scouts from church, but will fly up and join us in a couple of days). The kids were wonderful on the trip up. I was nervous about Sophia because on the last trip we took, she did not do very well. But she did great thanks to the portable DVD player. That girl loves to watch her movies!

The kids have been having fun at their grandparents homes. At Grandma & Grandpa Wilde's house, they have enjoyed picking raspberries, playing with toys, running around outside and playing with their Wilde cousins. Here are a few pictures:
Sophia loved the wear the Mr. Potato Head accessories.

The other night my mom and I and the kids went out to dessert at Dockside, a restaurant in the Coeur d' Alene resort on the lake. We had a Huckleberry Gooey. The kids loved it (well, not the huckleberries, just the ice cream)! At Grandma & Grandpa Cockrell's house they have enjoyed swimming in the hot tub, jumping on the trampoline, and playing in the sand box. Grandpa Ron even painted Sophia's toenails all different colors!
We still have another week left up here, so I will have to post more pictures when we get back.

3 comments:

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

Looks like a great trip! :)

EmmaJ said...

I love that they have "Wilde cousins"- great pun.

Mandy said...

That ice cream is ginormous. I bet they were in kiddie heaven.