Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day

Today Chris and I started the day off by canning the rest of our peaches. Last week, Chris and Aaron picked 3 bushels of peaches to can and then Chris left to go elk hunting for 6 days. I canned 49 quarts by myself while Chris was gone and then he helped me can the last 28 quarts. So all together we canned 77 quarts of peaches, plus I also froze some. It was nice to have Chris help me on the last of  the peaches. It went a little bit faster!


Then later that afternoon, our neighbor invited us over to go swimming and have a BBQ with them.  The kids swam for about 2 hours and then they were super hungry! I was amazed at how much Sophia ate! She ate 1 1/2 hot dog, some chicken, piece of zucchini cake and then an ice cream cup. She never eats that much at home. She tends to be a snacker at home.
Aaron was excited to have a day off of school. He kept telling everyone, "Guess what? Monday is a holiday and I don't have school! But I have to go back to school on Tuesday."
It was nice way to spend the rest of the day.

"Cannonball!"



0 comments: