Monday, March 12, 2012

In Like a Lion

The first part of March of was not very nice to us. As soon as we got back from our trip for my brother's wedding, Sophia got sick. It was a nasty cold with a fever. Then 2 days later, I came down with the same thing, except my fever wasn't as high as what Sophia's was.
A day later, my parents came to visit us for a week before they left on their mission. My mom was nice enough to take care of me and the kids for about 2 days before she got sick! So, then she spent the rest of their time here hibernating in her bedroom. Then Aaron caught the cold. He didn't get it very bad, thank goodness and then Chris came down with it too.
It was not how I wanted to spend the last couple of days with my parents before they left. I wanted to go shopping with my mom, take lots of pictures of the kids playing with grandpa, etc. But none of that got done. The kids did have fun playing with my dad, who thankfully didn't get sick. They enjoyed having horsey back rides, running around with him, teasing him. Eli (got sick after my parents left) especially loved my dad. He would get so excited when he heard his voice or thought he was coming in from outside. He would get a really big smile on his face and start yelling something that sounded like Pa!
I wish my time with my parents was different, but I am glad that they still came down and saw the kids. They enter the MTC on March 19th and will be gone 18 months. We might make a trip to see them next summer, since they will be in California. I know they will have a great time on their mission and will be blessed for their service. We will miss them though!

This is the only picture I got while we were at the wedding and while my parents where here with any of the kids and their grandparents. 

0 comments: