Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Shoppers of Day

A week or so ago, Aaron asked me to count all of his change for him. So, we sat down and counted it all out and the total came to $33.22. He was so excited! He thought he had tons of money to spend on anything he wanted, particularly a Dino Lego set at the store that was about $70. I had to explain to him several times that he didn't have enough to buy the Lego set and that he would have to earn a lot of money before he could buy it. After several days of telling him the same thing, I think he finally got it. But then he started in on saying that he could buy a Star War Lego set and I had to explain to him again, that most of them were more money than what he had.
Then Chris came up with this brilliant plan to look up Lego sets on e-bay. Oh man, was Aaron excited. He kept asking Chris to look up lots of different stuff and couldn't decide on what he wanted or the ones that he did want were too much, of course. Finally, after days of looking at stuff Chris got tired of it and told Aaron he was done showing him things on e-bay.
Aaron was sad for a little bit, but them came up with the idea of just going to the store and buying a Lego Hero guy for $9.
He bugged me about for a couple of days before I gave in and said we could go to the store and buy him one.
So, here he is, with his Lego Hero that he bought with his own money.


The day we went to the store to buy Aaron his toy, he kept asking Sophia "what new toy are you getting today?" So then Sophia wanted to bring all her pennies with us and buy something. I was able to talk her out of bringing her money and while we were at the store we found a new piggy bank for her. I have been wanting to buy her one for awhile, but didn't want to get a ceramic one because I knew that she would play with it all time. So, I was pretty excited when we found this plastic one for her. It isn't very cute, but she loves it and it is plastic so she can play with it all she wants!
All day long today, I have heard her dumping her money out and then dumping it back in, dumping it out and dumping it back in. Maybe she will get bored of it after a couple of days and leave it sitting on her dresser! :)

At store, we also bought some toys for this little guy whose birthday is this weekend! He will be turning 2!

0 comments: