Thursday, February 28, 2008

Chris' Exciting News

Well, I guess it is official. . .we bought a house! Chris is very excited about it. Me, I'm not too sure yet. :) It is a house that will need a lot of work to it before I think I will be excited about it. It is an UGLY house! No kidding. I haven't decided yet if I will post pictures of it. I might just so you all can see how ugly it is not just on the inside, but on the inside as well. The people who live there right now have bad taste in painting. The kitchen is purple and yellow (they even painted the cupboards), the living room some ugly green, the dining room is torquise, one bedroom is yellow and another bedroom's ceiling is black. The outside of the house is painted yellow on one side and is brick on the other side. It is also a split-level home, something I don't care too much for. It isn't what I imagined for a first home.
There are few good things about the house though. It has about 2400 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 2 baths. It is on an acre of land. Aaron will have so much fun playing outside! There is a garden spot all ready and it has a swimming pool. There are also some blackberries on the back property fence line and there are a couple fruit trees. It is also really close to work for Chris. He could ride his bike and be there in 5 mintues or less.
Once we get the house all fixed up and looking nice, we will have brought the value way up. The other houses in the neighborhood show that. There are a few that have been remodeled and look really nice.
We close on the house in March and will probably be able to move in by the end of the month. Chris is going to be busy for a long time with lots of projects and he is excited about it, so that is good. My in-laws will come down and help fix up the house too, so that will be very nice.
I might post some pictures tonight of the house, but if I do just remember that it won't all ways be this ugly! This is something that I have to keep reminding myself everyday!! :)

7 comments:

Wendy n' Ron said...

UGLY IS ONLY IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!!! Beauty is eating those blackberries and what some of the in-laws hope to see some day!! What in-laws are coming to help you work on that beast??!?!?!?!?

Aaron said...

You HAVE to show us now. It is a total must. We know YOU didn't make those horrible design choices so it is no reflection on you. Please! Inquiring minds want to know!!! It sounds like a totally great property. Sometimes that is the only reason to buy a house. Our friends just bought a house here in Twin for 350,000 and are putting about that much back into it to make the house what they wanted. They really only bought the house for the amazing property and view. It can be worth it in the end. Good luck on all the work!

Kathy said...

WOW!!! That is so exciting though! It does sound like there are a lot of really cool things about it! The yard especially! And a pool? Awesome! I'm sure you guys will make that "house" a BEAUTIFUL HOME!

Kirsten said...

We need pictures! Even if it's just for the before/after effect. I'm so excited for you guys! Paint is an easy thing to fix . . . and the yard sounds so worth it! Once summer hits, you are going to be in heaven! We can't wait to see pictures!

Stephanie said...

That is so exciting! I think I'd take a house looking like anything for an acre of land.

EmmaJ said...

Congratulations Chris! Good luck Katrina! Have fun Aaron!

Tiffany J said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so jealous. I would love a little fixer upper! Those are the best! You need to take before and after pictures for everything you do! It will make you totally appreciate all the hard work and it will definitely pay off! How fun! We're so happy for you! If you guys get stumped....HGTV does wonders! ha ha LOVE IT!