Friday, February 29, 2008

Pictures
















I had a hard time posting these, so I hope they turn up OK.

11 comments:

Kirsten said...

We love it. Definite potential!

Porter Family said...

wow, you weren't kidding about the paint job. Luckily that's easy to fix. The yard is awesome!

Aaron said...

Okay. This is not a quick question, but I will do my best to be brief. Go to your dashboard, then click on "Layout", then click on "edit HTML". This will pull up your HTML code for the design of your page. Go to the section that looks similar to this:

/* Outer-Wrapper
----------------------------------------------- */
#outer-wrapper {
background-image:url(http://img3.pimp-my-profile.com/i60/4/2/28/f_b9e4ba9f816e.jpg);background-repeat:repeat-xy;
width: 87%;
padding:2% 2%;
margin-left:4%;
margin-right:12%
text-align:left;
font: $bodyfont;

Adjusting the width percentage (mine is set at 87%) will make your whole section wider or thinner. Adjusting the padding (mine is set at 2% will make your writing closer or farther from the edges. I would write down what your current settings are at and then make minor adjustments, that way you can always return to what you have it at now if it isn't changing in the way you want. Don't worry about the questions, I don't mind. I only recently have begun changing these settings on my own page. A lot of what I have learned has been trial and error. I just write down what my current code is and then try changing things. You can also change the size of both columns by adjusting the width percentages in the following area:

#main-wrapper {
width: 60%;
float: left;
word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */
overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */
}

#sidebar-wrapper {
width: 38%;
float: right;
word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */
overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */
}


The main wrapper is the portion of your layout where your posts appear and the sidebar wrapper is the where your contacts and archives are. Mine is set at 60% for the main and 38% for the sidebar. I recently expanded the sidebar size so that the space would be used more efficiently. Anyway. I hope that answers your questions. Good luck! BTW, I cannot believe the colors. I bet it makes you cheerful everyday!!!

The Dwelley's said...

The kitchen and dinning room get the first coat of paint. The first home owners had really bad taste. I wonder what their next house will look like? With Wendy,Ron and Chris your home will be a beauty in no time. The Cockrell's first home was so bad grandma didn't want them to take Chris home from the hospital to it. You guys have found a diamond in the rough.

Liz said...

I love your backyard! You are lucky you have a fireplace in your bedroom. I have always wanted one.

Jeff and Angela Boyle said...

You bought a house??? I hope you have a great Realtor........
Congratulations you guys!

EmmaJ said...

WOW, that paint is horrible! Thank you for being brave and posting these pictures! The yard looks awesome though, and the house looks like is has some good bones under all that make-up.

Jennifer V said...

I am SURE if you met the lady who owns the house, she would wear bright blue eyeshadow just like Mimi on The Drew Carey Show.

But ugly paint is the PERFECT thing for a starter house because it's easy to fix and hopefully helped you get a good deal on the place.

Congrats!!! You are finally homeowners!!

Laura said...

Congrats on your first home!!! You are going to love it!!!!!!!

Tiffany J said...

Oh the house has great bones and talk about an AWESOME back yard! Congratulations again you guys!

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

Congratulations on the house! That's really exciting and with a little paint it will soon REALLY feel like your place! Bob is re-doing our kitchen cabinets right now and even that makes the house look so different! It's cool to see what even a small change can do! That's especially cool that you have such a nice big yard... that will be so fun for Aaron! I have to say I'm definitely jealous of the new blogspot blog.... I definitely have thought of switching over since so many of our friends are on here and for all the reasons you mentioned--the backgrounds are definitely cool and you can't do those on MSN! Hope you guys are having a great week and congrats again!
~Cathy