Sunday, March 1, 2009

Called to Serve

On Saturday we had our first Primary activity for the year. As a presidency we decided to send all the kids on missions. It was ton of fun! The week before we gave all the kids mission calls. We sent each class to a different country (sunbeams went to Mexico, CTR 4 went to Hondurus, etc). They were to report to the "MTC" on Saturday were they got name tags and the MTC president (the bishop) gave a little talk. We then moved them into the overflow part of the gym where we had chairs set up like an airplane and showed them a safety video and played airplane noises. We even had some go up and down the aisle with a snack cart and gave them water and fruit snacks!

After the airplane ride they divided into their missions and went to a class room where they learned about the country they were called to. Every 10 minutes we rotated them to different class rooms to learn about different countries. As a treat at the end we gave them snack packets of gold fish crackers with the scripture on it about being fishers of men. All the kids were excited and it was a great success!

4 comments:

Mrs. Dan Brown said...

Super cute idea! I love reading what others do in primary since ideas are always good.

CBJ said...

Katrina, that is awesome!! I love it....very creative and I'm sure the kids had a blast!!

TiAnn said...

What a fun idea! I'm going to pass it along to our primary pres. How creative & I bet the kids loved it!

The Dwelley's said...

Sounds like fun. I remember all the fun activites I had in primary.