Sunday, June 28, 2009

Home Decor & Bug Bites

These last couple of days I have been working on some crafty stuff to put in the dining room & Sophia's rooms. I don't consider myself crafty so when something turns out, I am very pleased with myself.

I learned how to make these stars from my sister-in-law. I have always wanted some barn stars, but they are so expensive so when I saw some at my sister-in-laws house and asked her about them, I was super excited to learn that she made them and that she would show me how! I put these stars up in the dining room.
I have been wanting to do some decorating for Sophia's room and started with wall letters for her name. They didn't turn out super great, I have to redo a couple letters, but from a distance they look OK.
Here are some pictures that I put up on the wall going downstairs. They are of Aaron & Sophia when they are about 6 months old laying on their stomach. The picture I took didn't turn out very well, but you get the idea.
The other day, Aaron wanted to watch a movie so he went downstairs turned it on and started watching one. I looked in on him about 30 minutes later and he was asleep so I left him to take a nap. About 2 hours later, he woke up and came upstairs and this is what he looked like:
His right eye was swollen! I couldn't believe it - he didn't look like this when he went downstairs and 2 hours later he looked like this. We figured he got bitten by a spider or something. The swelling started going down the next and is about gone now. Aaron didn't even realize that something was wrong with his eye until I showed him in the mirror. I am glad that it didn't turn out worse!

3 comments:

Jason and Candace said...

cute decorations, they look great!! and Aaron's eye just made me laugh...that is so funny!!!!

Kathy said...

You made those stars?! For not being crafty you did a good job! Poor little Aaron!

Tiffany J said...

The house is really coming together! Congrats! I know you've been working hard on it. I hope Aaron's eye goes down...poor kid.