Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer Fun

This year we have been using irrigation water to water our garden and to flood part of our back yard. Chris is in love with the irrigation ditch. At the beginning of the summer he was out there almost every night playing "in the mud" trying to get things to work right so we could use it to water our garden, fruit trees, yard and strawberry & raspberry patch. Chris did a great job getting all worked out. Our garden is looking good (a lot better than last year!). We are growing cumcumbers, zucchini, onions, tomatoes, jalapenos, bell peppers, beets, green beans, peas, corn, spinach, lettuce, carrots,broccoli, pumpkin, watermelon and cantelope. I don't know how the watermelon and cantelope will do, but I thought I would give it a try. Here are a couple pictures of the garden and the ditches we use to water the plants:

The other day, the kids and I went to a water park. We went with some friends from Nampa and Aaron had a blast! He loved playing with Kali and trying to swim. Sophia loved the water too. She had fun standing in it and splashing. She didn't like it though when bigger kids ran by and splashed her - it made her a little upset! We had lots of fun, except that I got a bad sunburn on my back (I put sunscreen everywhere else, but I guess I forgot my back).

We will probably go to other water parks this summer since the hot weather is here!

1 comments:

Kathy said...

I am very impressed with your garden! That is awesome! And by the way, I think your haircut is cute, and Happy Birthday to Chris!