We were eating dinner the other day and Aaron was refusing to try is coleslaw that I made saying that he didn't like it even though he has never tried it. I explained to him that if he didn't try it he wouldn't get a popsicle later or if he wanted a snack later he wouldn't be able to have it because he didn't try all of his dinner (do I sound like a mean mom?? :) So, after explaining that to him he said "that's OK, I will just have a popsicle tomorrow." I didn't know what to say to that.
Then Chris, takes some coleslaw and starts eating and starts making the '"mmmmmmm" sound and says "this is good."
Aaron then looks at Chris and says "dad, don't say that! It makes me frustrated!"
I tried really hard not to laugh at him. His face was so serious looking! Chris just laughed and said, I wonder where he learned that from!
Aaron eventually decided to try the coleslaw and decided it wasn't too bad!
6 comments:
Sounds exactly like something my 3 year old would say.
Too funny. We had that with an avacado the other night....all this debate and then Madison actually liked it.
He is such a sweet cute boy, Kali has been asking to play with her friend Aaron at the water park, and so we'll definitely have to get together next week! I'll give you a call.
That is funny, I'm a mean mom too, those are threats that are constantly used at mealtime. It works though :)
Too funny! What a smart little guy! You're not a mean mom at all--totally reasonable to have a rule that he has to try one bite! Hope you guys are having a great summer!
I think he is more like his dad :) Chris was a picky eater too. I bet he still doesn't like Onions :)
Post a Comment