Friday, April 9, 2010

The First Week

This last week has gone by pretty fast I think. Our first night home with Eli was pretty interesting. When bedtime came, he did not want to settle down, all he would do was cry and nothing that my mom and Chris tried to do would calm him down for very long. They were trying to be nice and let me sleep, but I was awake the whole time in bed listening to all the crying. Finally I got up and took him and he snuggled up on my chest and finally calmed down after 10 minutes or so and fell asleep. Needless to say, that is how we slept the first night. Every time I tried to put him down he would instantly wake up and cry. For the next couple of nights he slept with my mom in her bed and he slept for about 5 hours and has been doing that almost every night! I wonder how long that will last though. He loves to sleep. Sometimes I have to wake him up to eat during the day. :)

Aaron loves to hold Eli. He is very careful about it and hold him for long periods of time. He also likes to be very helpful. He will pick out his clothes for the day and get him diapers and wipes.
Sophia on the other hand would not have anything to do with him for the first couple of days. We sat her on the couch one day and started to hand her Eli to hold, and she gently pushed him away and said "no." The next day though, she was willing hold him and give him kisses and hugs. She has been most interested in Eli's pacifiers. Whenever he cries, she will run to his room to see him. Although she can't see anything because of the bumper pads on the crib. Sophia has been getting spoiled by grandma. Since I can't pick her up for several weeks, she has turned to my mom to ALWAYS pick her up. I am so grateful that my mom has been able to be here to help me and my family. The kids are probably wearing her out though. She will have to go home and just sleep for several days!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Cute pictures! Hopefully Eli keeps sleeping well for you. Hang in there; those first couple weeks can be rough. I'm glad you have family to help.

EmmaJ said...

So cute. Love that last picture! I can sympathize with you about the sleep. I wake Oscar up during the day hoping that he will sleep longer at night.

Suzanne said...

Looks like Eli has a bit of the jaundice. He's adorable, though. Congrats!

Ludy Hille said...

Que queridos... !!!!
Meus Parabéns Papai e Mamãe... grde bj a todos saudds