Eli Christopher Cockrell
April 1, 2010
12:44
9 lbs 6 oz
21 inches
Everything went pretty well with the c-section. I did get a cold about 2 days before the surgery, so that wasn't very fun being all stuffy and coughing for the recovery part. Right before they started cutting me open, I started not feeling good at all for some reason. I had to throw up and didn't quite now how I was going to do that laying flat on my back. So, I turned my head to the side and let it come out that way and they helped sucked it all out. I felt pretty good after that!
This c-section was so much better this time around. Besides the throwing up, I had all my color, I was more alert and felt pretty darn good.
Aaron was so excited to come to the hospital to see the baby, but I didn't know if he was going to be able to because he had a cold too. But one of the nurses said he could because I had all ready exposed Eli to the cold.
The 3 days in the hospital were pretty uneventful. Eli does have a cold. It is pretty sad to hear him try and breath and see all the snot that comes out when he sneezes. I feel bad for giving him the cold, but I am so glad that he is finally here and out of me! :) He hates having his diaper changed. He cries and cries and has a very high pitched cry sometime. He is very easy to calm down most of the time. All you have to do is start wrapping him up and pick him up and he quiets right now.
We did have a hard time trying to decide what to name him. He went nameless for about 2 days. Even now, it is hard for me to call him Eli, like it doesn't fit or something. But it does sound good when I hear everybody else call him by his name.
Chris was able to stay at the hospital the whole time with us. I feel so blessed that my mom and dad were able to come down and stay with the kids. They were so excited to see us when we came home. It was fun to see the expressions on Sophia's face because she hadn't seen the baby before like Aaron did.
We are glad to have Eli in our family and now starts the fun adventure of having 3 kids!
13 comments:
Congrats Katrina! He is adorable! :)
How super cute! Congrats!
Congratulations!
Oscar and I have colds too, so I know how you feel.
Congrats! I'm glad that everything went well. He's soooo cute! Tell you Family hi. We should get together sometime. I think Aaron and Jayden would have fun together. Let me know what works. (after you recover of course.)
Congratulations! Eli is adorable!!!
He is beautiful. Congratulations. I love his name.
Congratulations!!
Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well. Our babies are about the same size, what's up with us having such big babies? I say it's probably a good thing you didn't have to try to push him out:) He is cute, and I love the name choice :)
Congratulations you guys. I am so happy that things went to so well for you and that you have such a cute and handsome little guy. Congratulations again!
Geez that kid is huge!!! Handsome too, but huge!! Silas was big like that too, it's like they skip the newborn stage and go right into being a regular baby, it's crazy!
Congrats Cockrells! He is a beautiful baby & wow he is big! He looks perfect & healthy & we hope you recover quickly. :)
WoW, That First picture is really Gross. Now I know what to expect. Aaron is so cute with him.
Congrats Katrina & Chris! He is so cute! i love all the pictures too of Aaron and Eli! =) I hope you get to feeling better soon with your colds and recovery, that's a bummer, but you done good, Eli is so cute!
Post a Comment