Monday, October 4, 2010

Aaron is 5!

Over the weekend Aaron had a birthday party with some of his friends. He had a blast with his friends and the games that we played and loved all the presents he received.

The "theme" for his party was insect/reptile. He wanted to have a snake cake so I found an easy pattern online and this is what it looked like:
We had a bug scavenger hunt. I bought some plastic insects, frogs, snakes, and spiders and hid them out in one of my flower gardens for the kids to find.
I gave each of them a list of six different things they had to find. They had lots of fun trying to find everything.
Aaron wanted to have a pinata for his birthday again this year, so we were able to find this lizard to go along with his insect/reptile theme.
I can't believe that Aaron is 5! The years have gone by so fast. He is excited to start school next year and wishes that he could have been in school this year. He asks me every couple of days about going to school.
Aaron is a great big brother and a good helper around the house when I ask for help. We are so blessed to have him in our family. We love you Aaron!

2 comments:

Patti said...

Happy Birthday to Aaron!! It blows my mind that our little boys are growing up so fast. Ryan will joining the 5 year club next week. I can still remember going to prenatal yoga together! I'm glad he had a good birthday!

Tiffany J said...

Happy Birthday Aaron! By the way you're cake is awesome!!!! What a fun party!!