Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Our New Living Room Window

A couple of weekends ago, my in-laws came down and helped Chris put in our new living room window. We took out the big picture window and put a bay window in. It took them all day to frame it and get the window in and then the next day they put all the dry wall up inside and then the trim around the outside of the window. It isn't finished yet on the inside and the outside needs to be painted, but I really like the window. I am excited to not have the old drafty window this winter.
Here is a picture of the house with the old window:

Here is a picture of the new window from the outside and inside of the house and pictures of them working on the window:



4 comments:

Jason and Candace said...

I love it, I have always loved bay windows. It looks great!!!

The Dwelley's said...

Looks good. Isn't it nice to have a handy husband :)

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

How exciting! So many great projects you guys have done now! Hope you're loving all the improvements in your house!

Wendy n' Ron said...

I was a thinkin' ....... isn't it great to have a handy father-in-law!!!! Too bad he isn't a better mechanic!!!! Are the corbels made & up yet? It would behoove you to do that or you could actually have structural problems. The engineer when lite on the overall frame. The last picture is deceitful ...... I see what appears to be Seth & Kent working hard on the bay window. Hmmmmm ..... but ya gotta give them credit for prepping the bathroom for Chris! And did Audrey get a door handle up yet? lol...