Sunday, December 12, 2010

Park City Ski Trip

This past week we went to Park City with Chris' family for a ski trip. We stayed at the Westgate Resort. It was my second time skiing and I have to say that I enjoyed it much better this time around than I did the first time I went 6 years ago with Chris' family. This was Aaron's first time skiing. He liked it, but had a hard time getting the hang of it sometimes and he didn't like to go very fast (what can I say, he takes after his mother). The first day Aaron tried skiing, Chris tried teaching him while he was on his snowboard and that didn't work very good, so Chris went and bought a harness for Aaron to wear. Aaron liked that much better (he called it his leash), but it was still a hard time for Chris. When Aaron went skiing with Grandma Wendy, she had him hold onto her poles just off to the side of her and Aaron did pretty good that way.

We spent two days skiing at the Park City Mountain resort (I didn't get any pictures of that day) and then two days skiing The Canyons. I only went skiing 2 days out of the week we were there and Aaron went 3 days and Chris 4 days. When we weren't skiing we hung out at the resort watching TV (Aaron loved watching cartoons), playing games, eating treats, and swimming.

Here are a few pictures of the place we stayed at:

Sophia wanted to try on Aaron's ski boots and helmet:
Sophia loved swimming. She would throw the biggest fits when it was time to get out. She would get very excited to go swimming. One night she was playing in the pool with Uncle Kent and Kent put her out of the pool to go do something else and she started to cry. Chris and I were playing ping pong and waited to see what she would do, if she would try to get back in by herself or just stand there and cry. Then this lady came over and put her arms out for Sophia to come to her in the pool and Sophia went to her. She wanted to get back in the pool so bad that she went with someone she didn't know! It didn't last very long before she started to looked a bit nervous and then Chris got in the pool with her.

Grandpa Ron trying to show Aaron how to ski:
Aaron and Sophia enjoying their chocolate cake:

Here are a few pictures of the day skiing The Canyons:
A view from the gondola ride up:Joyce (chris' cousin), Aaron and I in the Gondola.
Aaron skiing all by himself.

3 comments:

Tiffany J said...

Great pictures! It looks like it was a really fun trip!! Go Aaron skiing by himself?? That's awesome!

Jessica said...

We just stayed at the Westgate for a night last month. Didn't you love it?

EmmaJ said...

So jealous! I miss skiing.