Saturday, April 30, 2011

What we have been up to this month

Aaron: he started out the month by going on a trip to N. Idaho. It was way to short in his opinion. He loves going on trips without mom and dad. He was able to visit both sets of grandparents and some cousins.

He is still working on his reading. He is doing great. By the time we are done with his work book, he should be reading at a 2nd grade level.
He enjoys being outside when the weather is nice. He also loves our irrigation ditch. Especially now that the water has started flowing. He has come inside pretty wet and muddy sometimes.
He has found a new favorite PBS show to watch. It is call Wild Kratts. Every day he will ask me, "Mom is it 4 o'clock yet? How many more minutes till 4?" It gets pretty tiresome and he has to tell you all about the show almost every minute of the day! :)

Sophia: still enjoys screaming, yelling and getting mad almost every hour of the day. It is getting very old and tiresome. I keep waiting for this phase to end, but I don't see an end in sight and I am running out of ideas on how to cope with it.
She loves to watch movies. Almost all day she can be heard asking to watch a movie. She loves to watch "Tangled."
She has been a mischief maker this month. The most memorable one was when I caught her sticking her head in the toilet bowl. She wasn't putting her head in the water, but I think she was trying to get a drink. A little bit of her hair was wet and her shirt sleeve. I was really grossed out. I immediately took her and gave her a bath and scrubber her down real good.
She has also started saying her name. Before, whenever I would ask her what her name was she would say "that's me" or "me." Now when I ask her what her name is she will say "FIA!" Sometimes she will get the Soph part in there, but mostly it is Fia. It is pretty cute to hear her say it.

Eli: Of course he started the month out by turning 1. Such a big boy now. At his 12 month check up he weighed 20 lbs 2 oz and was 28 3/4 inches. I was expecting him to weigh a bit more because he eats so dang much. He got 3 shots that day too. Poor kid. He was suppose to have 5, but I opted to wait on some of them till his 18 month appointment.
The day after his Dr.'s appointment he had a high fever at night for about 3 nights. When it finally broke, he broke out in a rash. And to top it all off, I think he is getting at least 3 teeth. So, he has been pretty cranky this past week and wasn't sleeping very well. I think we are past that though, I hope. He has slept really good these last 2 nights.

Chris: is up in N. Idaho right now. He is bringing home a truck that we bought at an auction. He should be home tomorrow. I am excited to finally have another car so we don't have to share anymore! :)
He has been doing lots of work outside. He has been trimming our trees and some of our neighbors. He has also been trying to kill our dandelions without much success. It drives him crazy to look out the window and see lots of yellow.
2 months ago, he started some tomato seeds and pepper seeds inside for our garden. They started to grow really well, but this month, most of them have started dying. He has been really bummed about that.

Katrina: trying not to go crazy with Sophia's "anger" issues, cooking, cleaning, laundry, some sewing and working outside when the weather is nice and in between Eli's naps. It is really nice when he takes 3 hour naps and when Aaron and Sophia are happy playing outside so I can get a lot done outside.
I have been reading a lot this month too. I read 9 books this month! I have a goal to read 80 books this year. I think I might make it.

1 comments:

Jason and Candace said...

Wow that's a lot of books!! Sounds like u have ur hands full!! Hope u see u all soon