Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Father and Son's Campout

Our ward Father and Son's campout was last weekend. Aaron was so excited to go. He enjoys camping and spending time with his dad. Chris briefly thought about taking Eli, but decided to wait one more year. I don't know what I would have done if it was just Sophia and I at home! 

When they got home Saturday afternoon, Aaron said he didn't have any fun at all, but I think that was because he was so exhausted and had fallen asleep on the way home. Later when he was less grumpy, he told me all the fun stuff he did. He roasted marshmallows and sour gummy worms over the fire, he slid down a dirt hill, he playede swords with another boy there, saw 2 beaver dams, he saw a red salamander and a blue tailed lizard, he climbed up a hill with a stick, he stepped in a little stream, he saw a flag retirement and the frogs kept him up at night! He also saw cougar tracks and he threw rocks in the stream.

Here is their campsite. Their tent is up on the hill.






Aaron can't wait for the ward campout next month!

1 comments:

Wendy n' Ron said...

Were they cougar tracks or wolf tracks? Nice headlamp, Aaron!