Friday, February 6, 2009

Twilight

Ok, so I am a little bit behind on the whole Twilight thing. Last night I went with 5 other girls to see the movie (all of whom have seen the movie at least once. This was one girls 4th time). Since I haven't read the books yet, I didn't know exactly what it expect. But I had a general idea since I have heard people talking about it a lot.
The movie was OK. There were several cheezy scenes and looks on people's faces that made me want to laugh really hard. There was also a couple of times where all you were watching was scenery for what seemed like a really long time.
I have to say though, that if I were to watch it again, I think I would probably like it a bit more.

I have thought about reading the books for awhile now and I think I will actually read them now. I need to know what happens. I have a habit of getting sucked into books or movies with the need to see how it ends even if I am not all that impressed with the book or movie. So, I have a friend who is going to lend me the books next week and we will see how I like the books.

2 comments:

Jolyn said...

Ok, just so you know, I've need to comment on this. But first, an intro. I'm Jolyn. I've known the Cockrell's and grew up with Chris and Candace in SoCal for years. Anyways, the book is sooooo much better. For me, because I read the books first, the movie was a teensy bit disappointing. Also, the movie is missing so much. The books are definitely worth reading. They will suck you in so get the laundry and dishes done first. Take care-

Porter Family said...

I hope Chris doesn't mind if you and the kids don't bathe for a few days. Clean the house before you start reading. You might want to think about freezing a few dinners ahead of time, too. I didn't like the series as much as everyone else, but it was a good waste of time. :)