Over the weekend, Chris and I went on two dates! That was first in a long time! For Valentines Day we went to P.F. Chang's for dinner. It was our first time going there and it was really good (Thanks Jason & Candace for the gift card)! After that we went to a couple of stores just to see different sales that were going on, but didn't see anything worth buying. It was a simple date, but fun to get out and be together for awhile.
Then yesterday (Monday), Chris had the day off so we went out again! A couple of weeks ago, Chris found a coupon that we got in the mail for ice skating. One person could get in for free if you had your own ice skates. So, Chris went to a thrift store and found ice skates for the both us. :) At first I wasn't too thrilled with him for buying the skates and threatened that we better use them or else I was going to get rid of them. Well, we used them yesterday and I had a ton of fun! It was my first time ice skating, ever. Chris got a good laugh at me I am sure. I am very nervous and cautious when I first try something out, so at first I stayed by the edge and held on. Chris made me venture out, but I would only go if I was holding his hand. He would pull me around for awhile and eventually I stayed away from the edge on my own. I had a hard time learning how to push off and glide. I kept trying to want to walk. Chris took these two videos. This first one is when we hadn't been there very long. It is pretty funny. I look ridiculous!
This next video is right before we left. Chris says I improved toward the end, but I can't tell much of a difference.
We had a lot of fun and I didn't even fall! Chris says that I should have and the reason that I didn't fall is because I wasn't being aggressive enough in learning how to skate. I just laughed, me aggressive. . .come on who is he talking to, the least aggressive person ever!
I am sure we will go again and next time we plan on bringing Aaron. He was very sad that he couldn't go with us. Chris thought that he was too little to go, but while we were there, we saw a couple of kids younger than him. They also had this walker looking thing that they could push around so they could keep their balance. I jokingly told Chris that I needed one to help me out!
I am now glad that he bought the skates. I am sure we will put them to good use every once in awhile.
6 comments:
How could you live in the snow and never have been ice skating? :)
it's about time you finally go ice skating. lol... I am glad you had so much fun.
We Took Mia last December and she went one lap and she was done. So something to push them in really dose help.
It's so nice to be able to get out without the kids! I can't believe that you've never been ice skating... You did pretty good I think. I've been a few times, and I always fall at least once.
Those are some fun dates! The best kind as a matter of fact!
I'm sure you'll find more use for the skates. Living somewhere where it snows there's bound to be outdoor arenas or frozen lakes or something...ice skating is fun! I'm glad you got to do it! Practice makes perfect right? ha ha
Hey Katrina...
Looks like you had a fun time ice skating! Your little girl is really cute and she is just a month younger than my little girl. I'm glad things are going well. Keep in touch
Good I am glad you finally got to use it!! I skating is fun but sure does make you feel like a little kid!
Post a Comment