On Friday Aaron and Chris went on the Fathers & Sons campout. It was Aaron's first time camping and he LOVED it! He enjoyed just being with Daddy, roasting marshmallows, playing with the other boys, sleeping in a tent.
Aaron has been having problem wetting the bed at night so the week leading up to the campout we tried really hard from him not to wet the bed so he could go camping. I was worried that Friday night he would pee in the sleeping bag and that wouldn't be a fun thing for Chris to deal with!. So, Friday night after they got all tucked in Chris told Aaron, you wake me up and tell me if you need anything. A minute later Aaron told Chris that he had to go potty. So, Chris gets him out of bed, puts his shoes on and unzipped the flap and let him go out. By the time Chris had gotten his shoes on and started to get out the tent, he said that Aaron was standing outside the tent with his pants around his ankles peeing by the tent next to them! Chris doesn't think that any got on the other tent. When Aaron was finished they got back in the tent and got all snuggled in again, Aaron told Chris that he had to go potty again! This time Chris sent Aaron out by himself to go potty.
When I heard this story I asked him who taught him that he could pee in the woods and he said "Grandpa Ron!" So, a big thanks to Grandpa for teaching him this. I know of at least one incident when he was out in the back yard working with Chris and he had to go potty so right there he dropped his pants and went potty!
Anyways, Aaron now loves camping! Chris said that when he was packing up the tent Aaron told him that he didn't want to go and wanted to stay and Chris told him that they had to go home to mom and Sophia and Aaron said "no, they are fine without us! I want to camp!"
This morning when he woke up he came and found me and said "Mom, I didn't wet the bed last night so now I can go camping with Daddy again!" How cute. I am glad he enjoyed his first camping experience.
Roasting marshmallows and they caught on fire and burnt!
The next morning - he looks a bit tired still!
3 comments:
I love it! Great job Grandpa Ron! That's really cute.
That is so cute! If you haven't already tried it, "double-voiding" is a fancy word for having him pee twice before bed--have him go once when he's first getting ready for bed, then brush his teeth, read his story, whatever your bedtime routine is, then have him go again. Works GREAT because if you have a full bladder your kidneys slow down urine production, but when it's empty they crank it up, so if you have a full bladder you haven't been making it for a while, you go, then you start filling your bladder like crazy, hence even a few minutes later going again helps. :) And it's normal to pee the bed until 7-8 for boys! (Most are good by 4-5 though)
Chris is so on top of things. I didn't trust matt to take my camera with him. Him and the boys went this week too.
Post a Comment