Monday, May 4, 2009

Stairs!

Chris was finally able to finish the downstairs staircase! He still needs to put some of the decorative things up downstairs, but all the treads are on and all the newels and balusters are up!

Here are a couple of pictures of what the stairs used to look like:



Here is what they now look like:




It is so nice to finally have the staircase done! No more worrying that some kid will fall down through a huge opening!

3 comments:

I'm Dani said...

it looks beautiful! He did a great job.

Mandy said...

Wow, it looks great. I'm impressed. I expect all of it to be done by the time we come back.

The Dwelley's said...

The stairs look really good. But really what were the other owners thinking. That yellow and blue is bright. Bet you can't wait for that to be gone. Or is it growing on ya :)