Monday, October 5, 2009

Aaron's 4th Bithday

Aaron turned 4 this last week. A couple of weeks previous he went to a birthday party down the street and came home and asked very nicely if he could have one for his birthday. I agreed and so we started planning out what he wanted. He wanted a dinosaur theme, a pinata, pin the tail on the dinosaur, a dinosaur cake, and balloons. So, we went out and bought dinosaur invitations, goody bags and the pinata and candy.
(I must say that having a birthday party is a good idea because whenever he wasn't behaving I would simply say, I am going to take all your party stuff back and you won't have a party. He would instantly do what I asked or stop throwing one of his fits).
Anyway, when I asked him who he wanted to invite, and he had a whole list. I think we had about 14 kids show up (6 of those were his cousins). The party lasted about an hour and a half and all the kids were great and well behaved. The favorite was the pinata. Thankfully, all the kids got a try to hit before it broke open. Aaron got lots of great presents and was super excited about all of them. Here are a few pictures from the party:

The dinosaur cake. I am not very good at cakes, but Aaron loved it!

Blowing out the candles

Opening the presents

Some of his friends

Trying to hit the pinata


Aaron had a blast and can't wait for his next birthday! He is also excited because he now get a whole vitamin and not just a half!
Now, I get to plan something for Sophia's 1st birthday which is at the end of the week. It will probably just be us and cupcakes and a few presents!

6 comments:

Jason and Candace said...

OHHHHH...that is so cute!!! It makes me sad that I can't come to his party!!! Maybe next time!

Kalia said...

Way cute cake, good enough for me, I always prefer homemade over perfection, and it's totally cute anyway!!!

Patti said...

Isn't crazy that he is already 4?! I swear it was just yesterday we were both in prenatal yoga together. They grow up so fast. I'm glad he had a good birthday!

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday to Aaron! What are you talking about you are not good at cakes? Have you seen some of my cakes? That's totally cute!

TiAnn said...

Happy B-Day Aaron.
~Kali

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

I think the dinosaur cake is very impressive! Great work! Looks like a super-fun party!!!