Friday, February 12, 2010

My New Toys!

I have been wanting to get a wheat grinder, blender and mixer for a long time. The other day while searching on the internet once again for them, I came across a web site where they had all 3 as a package deal for a lot less than what I had previously seen. So, I took a deep breath and ordered them.

They arrived yesterday and today I put them to good use. For breakfast we made blender pancakes. Then I ground my own wheat and made some bread! The bread didn't rise as much as it could have, but oh well. I will get better at it.
Aaron was very excited to help mom play with her new toys. What he loves best about them is that they have suction feet on the bottom and he likes to hear them pop when I move them off the counter.

4 comments:

Jake said...

Hi, this is Richelle (Jake's wife). I love my Bosch! It does everything. My mom has been using one since she married my dad. Your bread looks so tasty.

The Dwelley's said...

i should start making bread where did you get your wheat grinder????

Kalia said...

I read somewhere that when you use whole wheat, you use more leavening, it may even have been double, but I'm not sure. You might try googling it or something, or else just wait longer for the rising. Looks delicious though!

Wendy n' Ron said...

and where was this great deal?