Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mr. & Mrs. Fowers

My little sister got married this past week! Jana and David were sealed for time and all eternity in the Twin Falls, Idaho Temple.

Here is the happy couple:


All of the siblings were there for the wedding:

Mom & us girls:

Jana & Sophia:

Me & Jana:

I am so glad that we were able to go to the wedding and see all of the family. Since there are so many of us, it is hard for us to all get together. We were missing 7 people (a sister-in-law and 6 nephews) though. We were sad they weren't able to come. 
The day will be a memorable one for us. Not just because of the wedding, but because of several things that happened to us. First of all, I was late to the sealing. They knew I was coming, so they were waiting, but still it was embarrassing to be late to my own sister's wedding. After the wedding and all the pictures, there was a luncheon for everybody at the church. After we were done eating, we were going to go do a few things since there was several hours to kill before the reception so we went out to the van and it wouldn't start. At first we thought it was a dead battery, so we got jumper cables and hooked it all  up, but it still wouldn't start. We then came to the conclusion that our starter was bad. So, we called a tow company to come and get us and take us to a repair shop. Well, when we got there, the mechanic started it right up! I couldn't believe it. I was so mad and frustrated. But, he then turned it off and tried starting it again and it wouldn't start. But he tried it again and it started again! This time he didn't turn it off and just let it run so we could make our decision on what we were going to do. 
This was on a Friday, Memorial Weekend. I had to be back home by Saturday morning. The repair shop couldn't get the van fixed until Saturday afternoon. So, our choices were: rent a car, go to the reception that night and then drive the 2 hours home and then Chris would drive back Saturday to return the rental car and get the van. Our 2nd choice was to leave right then and drive home and miss the reception. Our 3rd option was that Chris would drive home with the kids, leave me in Twin to go the reception and drive back that night with my parents. 
We first chose the rental car option. Well, the rental car place didn't have any car available.
We then choose to drive home then and take the van to our mechanic in Boise. I was sad to miss the reception, but I felt good about making that decision. Chris thought I should have stayed, but I know I wouldn't have enjoyed myself. I would have been worrying about Chris and kids driving home wondering if they were going to make it, etc. We made it back safely and hopefully the car will be fixed this Tuesday. 
I was planning on going up to Jana's reception in Coeur d' Alene this next weekend, but I guess I will have to wait and see what the mechanic says after the holiday weekend. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry we didn't get to see you! But I'm glad you made it home!

Jason and Candace said...

Wow that's crazy!!! Hope the van gets fixed soon cause I can't wait to see u guys!!

EmmaJ said...

I had a problem like that once with our Explorer. It turned out that the shifter was loose and so it wouldn't always register as in park when we tried to start it. The fix was fairly cheep... I hope yours is too.

Cathy Reed said...

Thanks so much for posting the beautiful pictures!! I hope all works out with the van so you can go to CD'A. Wish we could be there too!

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

Hope they figure it out quickly--car trouble is always so frustrating and at the most inconvenient time!