Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Boy's Room



Since Sophia's room got decorated, I have been wanting to do the boy's room. I had not clue what to do though. They had the start of a denim theme. Aaron's bedspread is a quilt with denim fabrics in it, his bed is painted blue, the curtains are made out of denim looking fabric and so are the bumper pads around Eli's crib. Aaron really wanted something to do with dinosaurs, no big surprise there. He LOVES dinosaurs. I kind of dragged my feet about doing something along those lines because how could you get denim to go with dinosaurs. So, I searched and searched the web for ideas and finally found a room that had blue on the bed with some green mixed in around the room with dinosaurs.
I found this picture here.  I loved it. It wasn't too babyish and it would work for the kid as he grew older. So, I started thinking about how I could do something similar for Aaron and Eli's room. Here is what I came up with. 
Above the side of Aaron's bed, I found three picture frames, painted them black and bought some green mats to put in them. Then I printed off some pictures of dinosaurs off the internet to put in them. 




Next I made these dinosaur pillows to put on his bed:

Above his dresser I had made this memory board awhile ago, but I wanted something on either side of it to put pictures of Aaron and Eli in them. So, I made scrapbook pages and put them in black frames. Nothing too fancy. I still need to put pictures in them.



Then Aaron wanted a wood letter for his room like Sophia has, so I made these for Aaron and Eli:


Here is a picture of Aaron's side of the room:

I would like to find Aaron a dinosaur bank or some bookends to hold his dinosaur books. But they are very expensive!
Overall, I am pretty satisfied with the room. I had to redo somethings a couple of times before I came up with what there is now. Aaron LOVES it. That is what matters. 

Now, I need to do mine and Chris' room! We finally got a bigger bed! Yay! After 8 years of  sleeping on a double bed, he bought me a Cal King mattress. We are just sleeping with the mattress and box springs on the floor for now. I have been searching and searching for a not too expensive frame, but haven't found one yet. After I find the frame, then I can start decorating. :) 

5 comments:

Jason and Candace said...

Look at u, u didn't even need our help with so bias room cause that looks great!!

TiAnn said...

Looks great! I love the colors & all of your framed decorations. Very cute room, you are crafty! :)

Marji Crummett said...

Looks great. I love the picture you had for inspiration. Those three large stripes are so fun. We are working on the kids' rooms. Ben wants a blue and orange room and Rachel wants pink and purple. : )

tvmom said...

love it!
-joni

King Klan said...

love the room it looks great