Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow, Snow, Snow!

We finally got some snow here! The kids were very excited about it and wanted to go out and play when they first woke up, but they had to wait until Aaron got home from school. Here are some pictures of the snow here at our house:


 Chris being very nice and cleaning my car for me:

So, after Aaron got home from school and they all had lunch, I told the kids we could get ready and go outside.  Then I remembered that some of our snow clothes were not here. They accidentally got taken home by the in-laws when they were here for Christmas.  We had some gloves and hats and their jackets and boots, but we had no snow pants. So, I got a little creative and came up with this:

Yep, that's right. I cut up black trash bags and wrapped them around their legs! Aaron kept saying, "I don't want to look ridiculous! I don't want anybody to see me!"  After he saw what I was doing and how Sophia and Eli looked, he overcome his self-consciousness (is that even a word)  and came up with his own idea of how to have trash bag snow pants (that is why his look a little different).
We all headed outside and had a great time. We built a snowman, threw snowballs at each other and tried to go sledding on our pathetic little hill.





It was a fun way to spend the afternoon. Sadly, as I am writing this, it is now raining and all of our snow will be gone in the next day or two.