Don't be fooled by this little guys sweet, innocent look or look too close at his dirty face.
When Eli was a baby, he was so sweet and happy I thought he would turn out to be an easy kid. But over the last couple of months we have seen a change in him. He is turning out to be a pot stirrer, bully, mischief maker, or maybe I should say, curious about everything etc. It is probably just the age, but still, I wish he would get over it fast. He still is is happy and sweet (when he wants to be)
Eli enjoys to hit his sister mostly and sometimes his brother and occasionally mom and dad. Every time he does it, we get after him for doing it, but it doesn't seem to help. He just looks at us and smiles his cute little smile and laughs. And after he gets out of time out, it doesn't take long before he is at it again.
Another thing he likes to do is to get under Aaron and Sophia's skin. He will be making some noise and they will ask him to stop, most of the time by yelling at him. And what does Eli do? He looks at them, smiles and does it even louder! Then Aaron or Sophia will yell at him again and Eli does it even louder! By this time, I usually tell Aaron/Sophia to ignore him or go to a different room and that Eli will stop making the noise after they ignore him. When they take my advice, what happens? Magically, Eli gets tired of making the loud noise when nobody is around.
One of Aaron's pet peeves with Eli is: "Mom, Eli is following me and won't stop!" Aaron will try and walk away faster, but that only makes Eli go after him more.
I have had to rearrange some furniture downstairs because Eli was climbing up on stuff and getting on the computer or pulling memory sticks out of our tower. I tried for the longest time to talk him about not getting on the computer or climbing on stuff, but no matter what punishment we did, he still kept on doing it. So, finally I figured it was easier to move things around.
Even though, Eli does make a lot of mischief, he is still one very, happy, cute little guy! I just hope this phase of mischief and not listening comes to an end soon! Or he finally learns from being put in time out.
Oh, and just today he has shown some interest in using the potty! So far today his diaper is dry. He has told me twice that he wanted to use the potty. Well, he didn't really say anything, he just started whining and touching his bum and pointing to the bathroom! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment