Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Our Getaway



Chris and I went on a trip to Reno this past weekend. It was nice to get away and just relax. My in-laws were here and were very nice to watch the kids for us(I don't think the kids missed us very much either, they were having too much fun with Grandma & Grandpa). Chris and I haven't been on a trip by ourselves since we had kids. We stayed here at the Grand Sierra Resort:
Our bathroom looked like this:
I thought the bathroom was the nicest looking thing about the room. I didn't care very much for the room decor. Too modern/contemporary for me(I didn't take any of my own pictures so, I am taking them from websites on line). They used too much black for me. The door was black, the desk, the closet, etc. It just made the room look to dark to me.


The hotel itself had a lot of amenities. 5+ different restaurants to choose from, bowling alley, lots of shops, spa, pool, health club, mini golf, go carts and a movie theater and lots of other stuff. Their movie theater looked like this:
 
They had loves seats in the back of the theater. We thought it was pretty neat, until we sat down in them. They were not very soft. I think the regular chair were more comfortable! We saw 2 movies while we were there because it only cost $3 a movie. 

It was a short trip, but we had lots of fun just sitting around, relaxing, not doing a whole lot, and enjoying one anothers company. It is something we will have to think about doing more often. 

1 comments:

A*Waite said...

Looks like a great get away!! fun.
Amber