Tuesday, March 25, 2008

No More of This!


Aaron has been pacifier free for about 2 weeks now! Hooray! I wasn't planning on taking it away quite so soon, but one day we were in the store and he lost it somewhere and I wasn't going to go find it.
He did better without than I thought he would. He asked for his pacifier for about 2 days before he realized that he wasn't going to get it back. When he would ask for it, he would say that daddy lost it or that daddy ate it, but never that HE lost it! Bedtime was a little bit of a struggle at first, but if I laid down with him for a little bit he would fall alseep after a few mintues. But, I didn't have do that for very long. Now when it is bedtime he goes right to sleep all by himself!
The only downside about not having his pacifier is nap time. Since we lost his pacifier, he has only taken a handfull of naps. If he doesn't get his nap, he is one grumpy kid, but that makes bedtime sooner and easier!

6 comments:

EmmaJ said...

I thought you were going to say no more giraffe boy... but I guess getting rid of the pacifier is better.

Casey and Lisa said...

Good for you Katrina! I've haven't quite gotten brave enough to brake Preston of his binky yet. Hopefully when I do he'll do okay.
It's fun to get an update on you guys!

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

We LOVE the giraffe costume! Good work on breaking the pacifier habit... that's a tough one!

Jeff and Angela Boyle said...

Good job! The pacifier is not an easy thing to take away! I can't wait to see the things you do on the house too! Good luck!

TiAnn said...

Chris and Katrina,

I was finaly able to get on and see your blog! We have to got together and let our kids play. I'll call Rachael and Jordan and I'm sure Derek would love to see you. I had no idea that you lived in Boise! That is great. Lets get together..

Paul

Mandy said...

Good job Aaron! Or...good job Katrina - I think it's hard for the Moms, cuz that pacifier sure can be nice to have around! When we took Georgey's away we did the thing where you cut holes in it little by little until it's just a tiny stub that they can't hold on to. After the first tiny cut Georgey said "somebody cut my Nunny (what he called it)....Daddy did it!" That's so funny that Aaron blamed Daddy too! Obviously Mommy would NEVER do something like that!