Well, we are finally in the "new" house. I packed everything up last week and we moved it all on Saturday. It is pretty interesting. I am happy though that after sealing the floors with some paint sealer that you can no longer smell the dog and cat pee smell. The house is cold though. We need a new furnace. It works, but not very well. So we all bundle up and try to stay warm by doing some work. Aaron got a cold before we moved and now it seems he worse so I try hard to keep him the warmest. We have been using some space heaters so that helps especially at night in our room.
We are all sharing a room right now downstairs until the upstairs get painted and looking nicer. Hopefully that will get done in the next couple of weeks. There is so much to do it is hard to know where to start and it so easy to get sidetracked when you are doing something and see something else that needs to be done.
I am determined that most of our stuff will stay packed for a long time, but Chris has other ideas. Like for the kitchen example. I would rather leave all the dishes and pans in the boxes and take stuff out when we need it and use paper plates, cups, etc for awhile, but Chris thinks that is silly when you can easily clean out some cupboards and put stuff in there. It is just gross for me to think about doing that though. I need to get up there and clean and then see how I feel about it.
You have to keep your shoes on at all times when you are in the house. Chris has some carpet pieces that he needs to put down in certain spots so that we have something nice to walk on downstairs instead of concrete.
Well, I guess I better get off and get to work. Yesterday our neighbors who are LDS invited us to dinner and I stayed for quite awhile talking to them because I didn't feel like going back to a cold, dirty house. I have to motivate myself to do something! I know it won't get done on its own. So, I will post some pictures later when I find my camera!
Monday, March 31, 2008
We moved!
Posted by
Unknown
at
8:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
To solve the dish problem you could always keep them in the dishwasher... it is clean!
That is a good idea, but that isn't an option. The dishwasher doesn't work and it is all rusted on the inside. We will be buying a new dishwasher, but we are waiting until we redo the kitchen. I when I was at the store today that I would clean them out really good and buy some liners for the shelves. :)
Post a Comment