Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sold!

So, yesterday I posted an ad on Craigslist to sell my car. It is beginning to have some problems, so we figured we better sell it before the problems got too bad. I put the ad on around noon and later that night around 7:30 pm this guy calls asking about the car and wondering if he could see it. But he lives in Ontario, OR and wondered if we could meet him halfway in Nampa. I said that wouldn't be a problem, so I started over there and Chris followed me in his car, just in case he wanted to buy the car. We all meet at the Costco in Nampa and he looks the car over really good and takes it for a test drive with us (which freaked Aaron out, some strange guy driving our car!)

When we got back from the test drive, he said, Ok, I want to buy it! So, we filled out some paperwork got the money and went home with one less car! We asked $3000 for the car and the guy offered $2700. I still can't get over the fact that I put my ad on in the morning and the same night someone bought the car! Crazy!!
So, now I am car less and I begin my search for new car! I have thought about a van and maybe and SVU of some sorts, but I just really don't know yet. Any ideas?? I know I asked this before, but would appreciate suggestions again!

Here is the ad that I posted:
1995 Nissan Maxima. Asking $3000 or best offer. 4 door, 5-Speed, 163,221 miles. Power windows, locks, driver's seat. AC, cruise control, AM/FM radio, cassette, rear spoiler, sun roof. Serviced regularly. Mileage: town: 22-24 highway 26-28. Exterior black, interior grey cloth.

3 comments:

Tiffany J said...

Congratulations! I should have you post some stuff more me on there! ha ha I have heard Honda Odyssey's, Pilots and Toyota Highlander's are good. The best thing is to jot down what you WANT out of a car and what you would consider "fluff". Then go on reliable car manufacturer websites and see which car gets you the most for your buck! It can be stressful but it's always fun getting something new. Honda's, Toyota's and Chevy's are all really liable. Good luck!

Stephanie said...

I would agree with the above suggestions as far as cars go. Toyota and Honda are always the best.

Kirsten said...

I totally want to get a Toyota Highlander, but I don't think that will happen for a while. I know a lot of people have been getting Trail Blazers lately. The Carters got one and liked it. But I agree with the top person who said to shop the manufacturer websites to see what you want. Good luck! There are so many exciting things going on in your life right now!