Last month, Grandma Wendy was in town and she had Aaron earn rocks to put in a fish bowl and when he earned all of the rocks, he was able to get a fish. Aaron had to earn rock by doing nice and helpful things and talking nicely to others. In about a week, Aaron was finally able to get his fish. He was so excited! He named the fish Nemo. When we put him in the bowl he sat there and looked at the fish for the longest time and would try and hug the bowl. It was really cute. When dad got home from work he took a look at the fish
and said: "I bet he only lives a week." We said that he was wrong and everyday Aaron would sit by Nemo and talk to him. Well, Chris was right. We got the fish on a Tuesday and the next Tuesday after dinner, I noticed that he wasn't swimming around. So, Chris got him out of the bowl and Aaron flushed him down the toilet. It was pretty sad. The next day Aaron said: "Nemo died, I flushed him down the toilet." Since then, Aaron has been asking to get another fish, so today, we finally went out and bought another fish.
Again, Aaron named the new fish Nemo and is excited to have another fish. We took the plant out this time around because last time Aaron would always try and push the plant out of the way so he could get a better look at his fish. Hopefully this one will last longer!
4 comments:
We got three gold fish in nursery like 2 months ago. we still have one living. I was with chris I thought they were only going to live a week but this one has proved me wrong and the kids love it. That was a good idea earning a rock then a fish. Did Aunt Wendy come up with that one? I can't stop saying how cute Aaron is. We miss you guys.
What a smart Grandma! I bet Aaron totally looks forward to her visiting! I would if I was him! ha ha I love the rocks and the bowl very chic for a fish!
That's pretty sad that Nemo #1 died! You'll have to keep track and call them all by their numbers! :) Hopefully you only get to #2!
My mom was telling me how much he loved that fish. How cute is he?? Seriously proud to say I am related to that little cutie!! I wish I could see him more...ohhh!
Post a Comment