Sunday, December 21, 2008

A visit from Great-Grandparents

Last Tuesday, Chris' grandparents came to visit. Aaron had lots of fun getting acquainted with them, since he hasn't seen them in a while. Aaron would keep Grandpa Milt in his bedroom and read all his books with him and play with his train and sometimes Grandpa would play Aaron's xylophone and sing to Aaron. Aaron also loved getting Grandpa his morning and night time pills. That was his job while Grandpa was here. Aaron also enjoyed talking and talking to Grandma Louise.

So, they came on Tuesday and were suppose to leave Thursday morning to fly up to Coeur d' Alene to visit Chris' parents. I took them to airport and ran an errand and when I got home there was a message from Chris' mom asking if I had gotten Milt & Louise to the airport all right and if their plane was able to take off because it was snowing really bad in Coeur d' Alene. So, I checked on the computer and their flight was cancelled, so back to the airport I went to pick them up. We got them on another flight for Friday, but after being boarded on the plane for an hour or more, they cancelled that flight too because the airlines didn't think it was safe to land at the Spokane Airport. So, back to the airport I went to get them again. We then tried to get them on a flight on Saturday, but they were all full and couldn't be booked until Sunday morning! So, this morning they were finally able to make it up to Spokane. What was only suppose to be a 2 day visit with us, turned into a 4 day stay! We didn't mind though. We enjoyed haivng them.

1 comments:

The Dwelley's said...

Grandma couldn't wait to see you guys. I'm glad Aaron had fun with grandpa. Braden Loves to drag him around where ever we are so he is use to it. :)