This year I learned how to can. Since our garden did very well, I had to do something with all the veggies! My neighbor taught me how to do it and then I went out and bought my own pressure canner and then my mom came down and helped me learn how to use mine! I get a bit nervous when I use it though. I am always afraid that it will get too much pressure and blow up on me! Silly I know, but I think I am getting better since I have been using it alot lately.
This year I have canned:
69 quarts of peaches
39 pints of green beans
32 pints of beets
9 quarts & 15 pints of salsa
5 pints of pickles
6 pints of relish
I think I am done for the year, but who knows. I told Chris to start ripping up the plants, but I don't think he is ready to do that yet.
Here is a picture of all my cans:
5 comments:
Way to go, girl!
That's amazing. I need to learn that trick to. I just took a trip to my moms so I could can peaches. Good job!
Katrina, that is awesome!! Way to go!
I need a garden. Good job :)
WOW! That is really amazing. Great work, Katrina! I can't wait to have a garden so I can load up my shelves with home canned goodness. Yum!
Post a Comment