When I was pregnant with Aaron & Sophia and started my weekly appointments at the end of each pregnancy, whenever I was checked the doctor would always tell me that I wasn't dilated and wasn't effaced at all. It was the same thing for every appointment.
Today I had the first of my last 3 appointments. The nurse told me I was going to have my strep B test done or whatever it is called and had me prepare for that. When the doctor came in she told me that I didn't have to it done because I was having a c-section, but she would check my cervix anyway to see if anything was going on. I just laughed and said OK, and figured it would go like my other final appointments with the last two.
Much to my surprise she told me that I was dilated to a 3 and 50% effaced! I was in shock! My body has never done anything like that before. Of course it doesn't mean much because "normal" pregnant women usual are at a 3 for awhile before anything happens. The doctor also told me that the baby's head is still high.
So, who knows what will happen. This maybe as far as I will get and still have to c-section on the 1st or I could go into labor earlier and have the c-section early. Kind of crazy! :)
Friday, March 12, 2010
The pattern has changed
Posted by
Unknown
at
2:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh boy! You better pick a name out, that baby might be making a surprise appearance! :)
We have or fingers crossed for earlier :) I know you want that baby out.
Congratulations on your progression! Very exciting stuff!
I totally understand, when I was toward the end of my pregnancy with Micah the doctor told me that I was 2-3 cm and 80% effaced and I was so excited that this meant something was going to happen. Nope not for me I was that way for weeks.
Post a Comment