I enrolled Sophia and Aaron in swim lessons this year. Chris thinks it is a good idea for them to learn how to swim, dive, all that stuff so they don't end up like me. Aquatically challenged/retarded as Chris puts it. I can swim some, like doggy paddle, and I can't dive and I have to have my nose plugged if I jump in or try and swim down. I can't even open my eyes underwater, well I am sure I could if I tried and wasn't nervous to do so.
Anyway, enough about me. Sophia likes swimming lessons, but I probably should have waited a year or two to put her in. She likes to giggle a lot when the teacher asks her do something and trying to blow bubbles in the water is more like sucking the water in and then spitting it out for her. She also doesn't like to to put her ears in the water when she is practicing floating on her back, it makes her real nervous.
This was Aaron's second year of swimming lessons. This year he learned how to do some strokes with his head in the water and putting his head to side to breath as he was swimming. He loves to swim and doesn't mind jumping in and swimming underwater, but ask him to get his hair wet in the shower to wash his hair. . . he doesn't like that at all. I don't get it!
0 comments:
Post a Comment