Monday, June 10, 2013

8 Months Old

On June 1st, Owen turned 8 months old. He started crawling on his hands and knees about 1 week before that. Before he crawled in his hands and knees, he would push himself up with his arms and then flop down and push himself forward with his hands. It looked like how a seal would move around. Owen did get blisters and then callouses on the bottom  of his feet from scooting around that way. 


Owen is a big boy. He is probably over 19 lbs now. He is a bit bigger than the other kids were at this age. He loves to eat! A little too much, I think. He is still waking up 3 times during the night. The only thing that gets him back to sleep is nursing him. 

He still thrives on lots of attention. He is my most demanding baby out of all of them. The other kids are pretty good about entertaining him for me when I need some help. 

Not long after Owen turned 8 months old he stood up for the first time. I had walked out of the living room to grab a diaper and when I came back, he was standing up by his toy box! I couldn't believe it. I thought that trick was maybe a month or so down the road. I really hope he doesn't learn to walk too early! 


Here is a picture of the blister on the bottom of his foot: 

Standing up:

Watching the kids play outside: 

0 comments: