Friday, October 7, 2011

Friend Party

The big party day was today! Aaron had shark/pirate kind of theme. He requested a shark cake. Here is my attempt at making a shark cake. Aaron thought it was great and the kids ate it all up!



We started the party out by decorating their bags. I just used brown lunch bags and bought some foam sea creature stickers for them to decorate their bags with.
Then we played a balloon popping game. We tied balloons around the kids ankles and they pretended that they were sharks and had to pop each others balloons.
Next, we played a shark bean bag toss. I found some shark fabric and made each kid a bean bad to take home and I found a huge shark poster, so I cut the mouth out and stuck it on a box.


We then had a treasure hunt. I made a map of our back yard and hid this treasure box  outside. They had to follow the map to find the treasure. I got some pirate eye patches for them to wear while searching for treasure. In the box, I put some fake money and marbles.
 ARRRRR! The pirates with their hooks.
 My cute pirate! The eye patch takes up almost her whole face!
 Searching for the treasure.
Lastly, we had cake and presents. Aaron got some awesome gifts that he was really excited about!



The kids all had lots of fun and I am glad that it is over with! Now, I have to get a few things ready for Sophia's birthday in a couple of days! So, check back again to see her birthday!

1 comments:

EmmaJ said...

Great party! You had some really fun things for them to do! Super creative. I love the bean bag toss.