Thursday, October 27, 2011

Living Room

Last October, Chris and his dad put in a bay window in our living room. They got it all framed and sheet rocked and a couple of layers of mud and it. And it sat like that for one year. In February of this year, we got new furniture and I was hoping he would finish the window then, but he didn't. In either March or April, Chris finally cut the piece of wood for our seat in the window again, I was hoping he would just finish the job, but no such luck.
So now, it is almost the end of October, one year later. When my in-laws were here a couple of weeks ago, my father-in-law put one last layer of mud on and then last week, Chris finally textured the window and I was able to paint it. So, exciting! However, the seat is still not finished. That is the last thing to do. He needs to nail it down and put the decorative trim under it then I can paint it. :)
Since the window was finally textured and painted I was able to make new curtains to match the couches and we also got an area rug. It is so nice to have that soft carpet down for the kids to play on. They love it.
So, here are the pictures of the living room taken from one end and then the other and the mostly finished window.





2 comments:

Emily said...

It is such a pretty window and I love your couches too! Hooray that it's almost all finished!

The Dwelley's said...

Love it. It looks so good.