Monday, December 17, 2012

Sugar Cookies

Tonight for Family Home Evening, I let the kids make sugar cookies. I made the dough earlier in the day so all they had to do was roll it out and cut shapes out, bake and frost them. It went a lot smoother than I thought it would. I was expecting there to be a huge mess and a lot of fighting over who got what shape, color frosting, etc. I did tell them before that if there was any fighting/whining, that that person would go straight to bed and not get to do any cookies, so I think that helped minimize the fighting/whining.
They had lots of fun doing this activity.

Here they are hard at work:



And while they were busy with the cookies, Owen was doing this:
He was not a very happy camper today for some reason. I couldn't put him down for more than 10-15 minutes before he would just start crying and crying. But as soon as I picked him up, he would calm down and be happy. It was a bit frustrating because I was trying to work on a Christmas present for Chris today and I didn't want all of it laying around when he came home for lunch. Luckily, I got it all put away just in time! 
And Chris was doing this:
He has been trying to get the kids interested in singing Christmas songs with him while he plays the guitar. Some days they humor him and sing a long and dance, but most days, they tend to ignore him and Aaron tells him to stop a lot! He just rolls his eyes at them and plays even more and louder when Aaron asks him to stop! 

0 comments: