This cute/crazy/rambunctious/ mischievous little boy!
One night last week, we couldn't find any pacifiers, so he had to go to bed without one and I figured since he did fine without it, it was probably time to get rid of them as we found them. I found one pacifier a couple of days later and just threw it away and told the other kids that if they found one, not to give it to Eli and just throw it away. Aaron found another one and threw it away. There are still about 3 more hiding somewhere around the house!
Sadly, though I think naps are becoming a thing of the past. We have been hit and miss with naps since the pacifiers went bye bye. It is especially hard for him to take naps on the weeks when I do the afternoon carpool to get Aaron from school. He does usually take about a 20 minute nap in the car though. I am going to miss my afternoon quite time, a lot.
Eli is staring speech therapy on Monday. It will be nice to finally get some help for him and hopefully get him to start talking. I am also hoping that it will lessen some of his behaviors. He doesn't listen very well (but what 2 year old does), he gets into EVERYTHING, hits/pushes, throws fits, throws things, etc. You name it he probably does it. The other night, the kids were all in bed and Aaron comes running out his room yelling, "Eli's go a knife!" So, Chris went in there and saw that he had one of my bigger sharp knives. Apparently at some point he moved a bar stool over to the counter and got a knife out with nobody seeing him. I am so thankful that he didn't hurt himself or anybody else. Needless to say, I have put my knives up high and have taken the bar stools out of the kitchen for now so he can't get anything else off the counters. He is my most challenging kid so far. I am starting to get very frustrated with him most days. I don't want to spend my days not enjoying him because he is a great kid.
I am praying and hoping that speech therapy will help him a lot and I have been trying to spend more time with during the day and I know that will make a difference too.
0 comments:
Post a Comment